I understand that – who wouldn’t?
You may have had a less than perfect experience in the past and want to be more certain that the next choice you make when choosing an advisor is way better.
And you want to achieve much more from the relationship – on a number of levels. Where you will obtain lasting and sustainable results that really add to your bottom line.
Simple clear english – no jargon , with a focus on the outcomes you desire. I get it.
Most people are happy to pay a fair price if they get the results they seek. You are probably no different but you want some certainty.
OK, here’s what I suggest:
- Be very clear about your objectives, what you want and when.
- Confirm your expectations with the service provider on your first meeting. This first meeting should be complimentary and carry no obligation so that you can mutually understand if there is a good fit.
- Expect the service provider to prove they can deliver the results you seek, based on their clear advice and track record in the context of your issues and challenges right now.
- Develop a plan of action that defines your objectives and expectations.
- Confirm how you will measure the progress,
- Mutually understand the value you will obtain from this engagement –Qualitative and Quantitative.
- Understand and document the progress, what you will get, how you will benefit, the time line for delivery and your investment and options to pay.
- Take Action, be Courageous & be prepared to Implement what is required.
- Measure and manage – everything ! And realign based on what you learn .
- Be accountable for results.
You will start to see the results appear which you will be able to enjoy and which will make a huge difference to your bottom line.