Looking to find a great accountant who can help you with your business?
You want great value for money, someone who listens to you, who understands you and can give you options and clarity on a range of matters affecting you and your business as it grows and develops.
This advisor will be pro active, can act as a sounding board and complement the talent you have inside your business. This may mean different things for you depending on where your business is at right now, in terms of its maturity and your journey so far, your current challenges and opportunities.
You may be at start up, or established but needing a fresh approach, or in growth mode with your own unique challenges or looking to maximise the value of the business on exiting the business in full or in part.
Then there’s the everyday support and pro active advice with compliance in all its guises.
An experienced business advisor and accountant will have the talent you need and will partner with you on these issues, challenges & opportunties.
Top 10 Tips to finding the best advisor for you.
- Have a No Obligation complimentary session to see if there is a good fit.
- Identify your key objectives and expectations – obtain a comprehensive document that explains in simple English what you get, what the cost will be and when you receive the outcomes you desire.
- Someone who will review your business structure to ensure it meets your current and future objectives & confirm the optimum business and legal structure.
- Someone who will proactively explore all options to legally minimise your income and capital gains tax – now and in the future. Perform a regular review of your trading performances and know your tax position and cash flow in advance.
- Someone to assist you really understand your Critical Success Factors and be able to produce accurate and intelligent reports on your performance – Measure and manage, discuss, taking corrective action regularly (before it’s too late).
- Cash flow is everything…. confirms where you are making your profit and understand your break even position – from a cash flow and a profit perspective.
- Protect your assets – understand where the real value is and protect your Brand, Intellectual Property, communicating your unique Point of Difference – consider separating this from your trading entity.
- Someone who will help you build your wealth & maximise the performance of the business so that the business can operate well without you, so you can exit at a time of your choosing for the value that you want.
- Make it fun for you, your partners, your clients and your team. You spend so much time in your business – you need to enjoy it and get the rewards. Your customers and community will be more attracted to you (more sticky) if your organisation is fun to be around. We already assume your products and services deliver awesome value.
- Someone who will help you build a winning/high performance culture that emotionally connects with your shareholders, team and target audience.
2 thoughts on “Searching for a Great Accountant!”
I totally agree Alec. In today’s complicated tax environment, the advice of a good accountant is just as important as that of a good doctor!
Thanks for your comment Valerie and it’s important to get good commercial business advice to help you grow, develop and drive the performance of your business … particularly in these challenging times. Lots of fun!